My Blog List


amazing photographer

amazing photographer
.......she captured our trip on film

Final slideshows

Last 2 slideshows from Ethiopia Email me for link to others-alexander@integrity.com

visitors

Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, July 2, 2011

back story

Filling in some of the gaps.......
(This is a gift from Eyob, director of KVI, the orphange Abe came from.  Given on our trip to get him in August of 2008.  Hangs in my bathroom and has been a constant reminder to me of a daughter in Ethiopia)

I've known that we had a daughter in Ethiopia for awhile, my dear husband wasn't so sure.  I think since we lost the referral for Wudassie and Biruk back in the spring of 2008, I've known she was there and trusted the Lord would reveal His timing.  We both assumed that we would return to adopt a girl after Abe and yet the Lord so clearly spoke to both of our hearts that we had another son in Ethiopia.  I simply can't imagine our lives without Eyasu and the connection he has given us to our family in Dube Bute.  After Eyasu had been home awhile, I started to long to return, to start the process to our girl. Last summer around this time, my heart literally ached for a child that I longed to mother.  I was so heartbroken when Moody wasn't on the same page.  I wondered how I could have missed it.  So I prayed and waited.  Around Christmas he was ready.  The Lord confirmed in his heart we did indeed have a daughter and we were to begin! I'm so thankful now, seeing His timing, because it is now clear as our daughter wasn't ready for us yet, she actually was just being born. So the heavy heart was for her, I just didn't know it yet.

We updated our homestudy at the beginning of the year and made the decison to return to the agency that we used for Abe, Children's House International.  Our dear friends, the Porters, had recently returned home from Ethiopia with their precious Mary Aster and they used CHI and their YWAM program.  Their experience and way they described the care of the kids, family preservation programs, etc. gave us such ease using CHI again and it has proved to be a wonderful experience.  Everyone on the team has been a joy to work with through this process, and we are grateful for each of them as they work tirelessly for their families.

We assumed that the process would take a very long time as news began to circulate that the Ethiopia program may shut down or at least become VERY slow.  I even began to pray about other options and thankfully the rest of the family were RESOLUTE to remain in Ethiopia.  Moody kept saying, "she is in Ethiopia babe, just be patient".  Love him.

So we did our paperwork, we got fingerprinted and life went on.  Upon receiving our CIS approval we were allowed to discuss any particular children on the waiting child list.  She was not there and we were content to wait for our girl, trusting in His perfect timing.  I got an email from Becky about a little one that was ready but not yet on the wc list.  She was on the much younger end of our perameters, but once we saw her face, we knew.  She was ours and we were hers.  Her story breaks my heart and lets me know she is full of fight.  I simply can't wait to see what the Lord has for her.  We feel so blessed.  The kids are beyond excited and want her home yesterday.  We will sit out the court closure as we did with Eyasu and pray her home quickly.  We would appreciate your prayers as well.

This is the second time that we did not set out to adopt a baby and that it what He has given us.  I have now learned that His plan is always better than our own.  That His purposes are always for our good and His glory.  I have seen Him reveal Himself so much in our first two adoptions and have seen Him work in this one as well.  Moody and I may be the oldest to show up for sweet baby girls 5 year old dance recital, but you can bet her whole cheering section will be right there with us!  Welcome to the Team little one.  We love you dearly.

Abe is fired up about having a sibling home with him for years to come!  What a gift.

17 comments:

Ann Marie said...

Congratulations!! So thrilled for your family.

Jen said...

Oh the fingerprints.... what else can I say?

Deena said...

So excited for you!!! I wrote a blog post a few days ago about how my husband's heart was not at the same place that mine was and how hard it was...THEN...with God's perfect timing, we were brought to our sweet daughter...to think that she was just not ready for us yet (back when my heart was longing for Ethiopia before my husband's- when I would show him your welcome home video of Abe!!!)It was so clearly because God had a plan for our Grace and she wasn't quite ready to come home...love it! Good luck with the rest of your journey to your daughter. I'll be praying for a smooth and quick process!!!
***And trust me, I know what it is like to be the "old" dance mom ;)

Cindy said...

Thrilled for your whole family!

Kat said...

Beautiful! I love to hear about God's timing! There are times I just want to run and dive full steam ahead! Celebrating with your family (and praying!)

Sara said...

Wow! Can't wait to follow along as you bring her home!

Tara said...

Love love love your story, soooo happy for your whole family! Can't wait to see your baby girl home!

Robbins' Nest said...

Wow, just love your hearts. You guys are such an inspiration. Can't wait to see the story unfold!!

Cami said...

So excited for you! I don't know if you remember...we met you on our trip home from Ethiopia last June (with our daughter, Etagegn). We have been on a journey to adopt her older sister. We passed court the end of May and are now waiting on Embassy clearance. Hope the timeline is as quick as possible for you!

Holli said...

Praising God that his plans are not ours!!!!!! I would have 3 boys and 1 girl if I would have been in charge- So glad i am not!!!!! Can't wait to you all together and better believe this family will be praying!!!!!

da momma said...

Im just giggling at this news! Yall are so AWESOME! Congrats and cant wait to hug you and see her face :) Tell more! Show pics!! YAY

Erica said...

Thanks for the cry friend. Reading your heart often speaks more then words. Love you and CANNOT WAIT to see that girl in your arms!

Heather said...

So stinkin excited for you guys! Go Alexander 9!!!!

Kara said...

Wha??? So excited for you!!

Unknown said...

WAHOO for Team Alexander! Congrats guys. So beautiful.

Roeh Family Update said...

Awesome. A word I reserve for using only in reference to our God. And this is AWESOME:) Congrats!

Zoe said...

Was catching up on your blog and so happy to read this! Your words inspired me. My husband and I have been waiting now over 20 months for a young sibling group from Ethiopia and now may need to put it on hold for some job/financial reasons and it feels like it will never happen. My trust is being tested. Thanks for your example of faithfulness.

About Me

My Photo
emily
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from becoming polluted by the world." James 1:27
View my complete profile

Followers